Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Best Thrift Store Finds !

The above pictures are just a few of my awesome thrift store finds.  I was raised on garage sales , resale shops, and hand me downs. I have no quams about second hand goods. 
Our society is so strung up on getting the newest the best the most advanced that I feel the gently used and old items we toss out like trash can be someones treasure. 

The number one thing you will find at any thrift shop is books. LOADS of books. If you like to read and a Kindle is not your cup of tea you will find many books on all topics. 

The second item is housewares. The silver tray is an old army tray. I can picture a soldier getting a serving of mashed potatoes on it. The Edgeman Milk pitcher is ceramic and is an old advertising piece . The smaller of the two old cameras I found at a Thrift store, the larger one was given to me. 
Also the three plates of old fruit crate labels was an amazing find I think I paid 9 bucks for all three.

I love getting a bargain. Also finding old, and new pieces for my home is also a plus.  I hope you hit some garage sales and resale shops in your towns! Let me know what amazing things you have found! 

Mean Miss C

No comments:

Post a Comment